Shoppable videos are a type of interactive multimedia content that allow viewers to make purchases or take specific actions directly within the video itself. They merge the worlds of video content and e-commerce, providing a seamless and engaging shopping experience. Here’s how shoppable videos typically work:
1. Creation of Shoppable Content:
– Shoppable videos are created by adding products inside standard video. These can usually be added through specialised shoppable video production/editing platforms.
2. Product Integration:
– Products featured in the video.
3. User Interaction:
– When viewers watch the shoppable video, they can interact with the product store as the video plays. These interactions may include clicking on a product or tapping a button to buy the product.
4. Product Information:
– When viewers click inside a shoppable product such as a clickable description, they might receive more information about the product. This may include details like product descriptions, pricing, sizes, and colours.
5. Add to Cart or Purchase:
– After reviewing the product information, viewers can add the item to a shopping cart or purchase directly within the video. Some shoppable videos may redirect users to an external e-commerce website or integrate with an in-video checkout system.
6. Seamless Transition:
– Shoppable videos aim for a seamless transition between the video content and the shopping experience. The video might continue to play in the background, allowing viewers to explore products while watching.
7. Analytics and Tracking:
– Shoppable video platforms often provide analytics and tracking tools to monitor user engagement, click-through rates, and conversion metrics. This data helps businesses understand the effectiveness of their shoppable video campaigns.
8. Feedback and Iteration:
– Businesses can gather feedback and insights from their shoppable video campaigns to refine their strategies, improve user experience, and optimise their product offerings.
Shoppable videos offer several advantages for both businesses and consumers. They enhance user engagement, provide an immersive shopping experience, and can lead to higher conversion rates due to the convenience of purchasing directly within the video. Additionally, they can be used for various marketing purposes, such as product showcases, tutorials, and influencer collaborations, making them a versatile tool in the e-commerce and digital marketing landscape.